what is remote administration tool(RAT)-how to prevent remote hack
Whats is RAT?
A RAT is also a shortcut called Remote Administrator Tool. It is mostly used for malicious purposes, such as controlling PC’s, stealing victims data, deleting or editing some files. You can only infect someone by sending him file called Server and they need to click it.
How it works
Some RATs can spread over P2P file sharing programs(uTorrent, Pirate Bay etc.), Messangers spams(MSN, Skype, AIM etc.).
some RATs are legal, and some are not. Legal are the one without backdoor left, and they have abillity to close connection anytime. Illegal are used for hacking and they can steal data(Credit Cards, Passwords, private data etc.).
- TeamViewer – Access any remote computer via Internet just like sitting in front of it – even through firewalls.
- UltraVNC – Remote support software for on demand remote computer support. VNC.Specializing in Remote Computer Support, goto my pc, goto assist, Remote Maintenance
- Ammyy Admin – Ammyy Admin is a highly reliable and very friendly tool for remote computer access. You can provide remote assistance, remote administration or remote
- Mikogo – Mikogo is an Online Meeting, Web Conferencing & Remote Support tool where you can share your screen with 10 participants in real-time over the Web.
Some illegal RATS:
- Cerberus Rat
- CyberGate Rat
Features OF RAT [Deadly]
- Manage files
- • Control web browser(Change homepage, open site etc.)
- • Get system informations(OS Version, AV name, Ram Memory, Computer name etc.)
- • Get passwords, credit card numbers or private data etc.
- • View and remote control desktop
- • Record camera & sound
- • Control mouse
- • Delete, rename, download, upload or move files
How to Get RID of RATS:
- Always Create File backups/system restore points
- Make sure you have a good firewall. This will prevent worms, Trojan viruses and spyware from infecting your system. Some applications require that you disable your firewall, so use good judgment.
- Use anti malware software [i.e antimalwarebytes]
- Anti virus with sandbox and auto update feature
- Don’t open unknown email attachments
- Only run and download programs from places you trust pirated softwares may contain RAT..
- Turn off your computer and disconnect from the Internet. Hackers can’t get into your system if your computer is off.
- Check your broadband usage,monitor your bandwidth
- Always inspect Tasks [task mgr]
- Check your HOST file [system32/etc/hosts]
- Rat slows down your computer and uses your broadband bandwidth to send data to hacker..
- Check file permissions
- Always Turn on UAC [User Account Control]
note:hackers bind their RAT server with mp3s,jpegs and some time it is difficult to trace Rat server now you have two options either dont download pirated files or read user comments then take risk…
*password for RAR FILES if Required: